If an Indian tribe, worked through each of the bureaucratic process while using Bureau of Indian Affairs and might build an internet casino in downtown Enid, will you be for or against it? If you live in Enid and occasionally visit other casinos throughout the state, you almost certainly run into people you know from Enid, partaking in the recreation supplied by the casinos. These are the same people that have left our town and therefore are spending their recreation dollars elsewhere. They are shopping with the stores, eating at the restaurants, and staying in the hotels inside the area.
A brief history:
The capacity to run bingo games was one of the many concessions built to tribes in Oklahoma. Then some very ingenious person made a bingo game that seemed like a video slot. We have seen the tiny digital bingo card at the top corner with the display screen of the video slot. From that invention forward, Oklahoma casinos begun to spring up everywhere. After all, you are still playing bingo, just in the new and technical way. Later, a gaming compact between the tribes as well as the State of Oklahoma allowed the use of Vegas style slot machine games, poker, and blackjack. Thus, bigger and much better casinos were built and they are still being built throughout Oklahoma.
A casino can only be built within historic tribal boundaries and then placed in the trust using the U.S. government. Since Enid doesn't have casino, is the reason? Then upon researching Garfield County, Oklahoma via Wikipedia, it absolutely was found, that before the Land Run of 1893, Garfield County was named O County and was part of the Cherokee Outlet, occupied with the Cherokee people following the Treaty of New Echota and the Cherokee trail of tears. Historically, the region was a hunting ground with the Wichita, Osage, and Kiowa tribes. Does that qualify us as being within historic tribal boundaries?
Positive areas of a casino in Enid:
1. The revenues generated from casinos are taken up operate tribal governments and programs due to the citizens. In addition, a portion of the revenue is split while using State of Oklahoma.
2. Tribes utilize revenues to boost infrastructure.
3. Related sightseeing attractions are built.
4. Jobs are created.
5. The added income and influx of tourists increase retail trade.
6. Promotes tribal economic development.
7. The casinos donate to local charities.
8. A survey of casino patrons found that over 80 percent with the visitors to casinos were thinking about also doing something apart from gambling. So the casino becomes an anchor for other tourism attractions such as family water parks.
9. The casinos create new lines of cooperative economic development between American Indians and non-Indian business owners.
10. Casinos give a magnet for outside money that would not previously exist.
11. Local resident who utilized to travel outside in the area now stays within the region.
12. More construction jobs are manufactured building casinos.
13. Gambling is surely an accepted method for governments to improve funds. It is described as source of money which is easier to obtain which is not a tax on individuals.
14. In several communities these businesses showed an surge in profits, attendance, and customers after an internet casino came to their area:
a. Retail stores
c. Local arts and crafts shows
d. Hunting and fishing activities
e. Horse trail rides
f. Festivals and events had higher attendance
g. Movie theaters
h. Historical sites were visited more frequently
i. Scenic drives
j. Walking trails
k. Water parks
l. Biking trails
m. Roller skating
n. Fitness centers
Negative facets of a casino in Enid
1. Tourism dollars hinge how well the casino pays out. Winners may spend freely, but losers may return purchases and cut their hotel stays short.
2. For some gambling becomes an addiction.
3. Gambling kills time, and subtracts from time spent on useful endeavors.
4. Locally-owned businesses go bankrupt because consumers have changed their expenditures to casinos.
5. Wealthy Indian gaming tribes pour vast amounts into political campaigns at both state and federal levels. (Source: Special Investigation by Donald L. Barlett and James B,. Steele, Time Magazine, December 2002.)
6. Wealthy Indian gaming get more info tribes will also be influencing gambling and other policies affecting Native Americans by handing a large amount to influential lobbying firms. (Source: Special Investigation by Donald L. Barlett and James B, Steele, Time Magazine, December 2002.)
7. In towns with casino's, there is surely an increase inside following:
e. Domestic violence
f. Drug and alcohol addiction
What is Gambling Addiction?
Gambling addiction is known as an action addiction. When gambling, the endocrine system, adrenaline and endorphins, are self-produced. As the person gambles more frequently, it leads to tolerance to the adrenaline and endorphins, so that it takes more gambling far better stakes, to obtain the equal high. Recent studies show that slot machine game gambling illuminates the human brain the same manner cocaine does. (Source: Stop the Casino 101 Coalition)
If an online casino were to petition to make downtown Enid, what can be your opinion? Do you think it might enhance our community or bring social problems organic beef not want to handle?